Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
Day 38: I can’t stop eating these. They are raw! And delicious! I am really getting into raw desserts after having the German Chocolate Cake from Rockin’ Raw. What is Irish Moss, anyway?
This recipe is from an amazing new site I have found called, Rawmazing.com, and her food photography is beautiful. I used almond flour which I had already made from my almond milk (check it out, here). I used olive oil instead of grapeseed oil, and it was a bit heavy. I’ll use grapeseed next time – and there will, definitely, be a next time.
- 2 cups almonds (soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut (ground to a powder in high-speed blender or use coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup agave or liquid sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil ( I used olive oil, as I said)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 5 strawberries, puréed (I defrosted some frozen ones)
1. Place almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
2. Add powdered coconut and chia seeds and pulse to combine.
3. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
4. Roll into a small ball. Flatten and indent the center with your finger.
5. Place on dehydrating screen and fill indentation with strawberry purée.
6. Dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours at 115.
*Makes 2 dozen