Warm Potato Salad with Kale, Green Beans and Miso Dressing
Day 28: My friend Caroline sent me this recipe from Food 52, which is based on one by Tal Ronnen. I LOVE it, and it was another great way to use my fingerlings. I was concerned the dressing might be too mustardy but it is delicious; just enough creaminess from the Miso and spike from the mustard garlic and onion. I used regular rice vinegar as that is all I had and I used a white onion instead of a shallot and it worked out fine. I am so happy I made extra dressing, as I think it will work on other veg, too.
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 shallot, small dice
- 1 medium-large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon water or veggie stock
- 1/2 cup canola or veggie oilSalad:
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced for garnish ( I didn’t use this as I didn’t have any)
- 1.5 pounds fingerlings boiled until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes
- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed from stems and ripped into bite size pieces. blanched and shocked and all excess water removed
- 8 ounces green beans, blanch and shocked
1. Put all the dressing ingredients, except for the oil, into a blender, and whizz until liquidy. Then, with the motor running, slowly pour in the oil, until emulsified and creamy goodness.
2. Put all the salad vegetables into a large bowl, except for the parsley. Toss until all the veg is nicely coated. Yum! Thanks, Caroline!